TED演讲 |《你为什么要和别人一样?》【每日分享 Vol.112】
△温馨提示:视频时长13分53秒,在WIFI环境下观看哦~
“拥抱他人就是拥抱自己”
Embracing otherness. When I first heard this theme, I thought, well, embracing otherness isembracing myself.
拥抱他人。当我第一次听到这个主题时,我觉得拥抱他人就是拥抱我自己。
And the journey to that place of understanding and acceptance has been an interesting onefor me,
对于我来说,通往理解和接纳的路是十分有意思的,
and it's given me an insight into the whole notion of self, which I think is worth sharing withyou today.
并且让我对“自我”这一概念有了深刻的理解,我想这值得在今天和你们分享。
We each have a self, but I don't think that we're born with one.
我们都有一个自我,但我并不认为这是与生俱来的。
You know how newborn babies believe they're part of everything; they're not separate?
你看那些刚出生的小婴儿,他们认为自己属于任何事物,他们并不是脱离的。
Well that fundamental sense of oneness is lost on us very quickly.
这种最基本的同一性,会很快从我们身上消失。
It's like that initial stage is over -- oneness: infancy, unformed, primitive. It's no longer validor real.
如同最初始的状态已经结束,同一性:婴儿期未成形的,原始的,将不复存在。
“从出生我就认为自己是个另类”
My dad is white from Cornwall, and my mom is black from Zimbabwe.
我父亲是来自康沃尔的白人,我母亲是来自津巴布韦的黑人。
Even the idea of us as a family was challenging to most people.
对于许多人来说是无论如何也想不到我们是一家人。
But nature had its wicked way, and brown babies were born.
但大自然自有意想不到的一面,棕色的孩子出生了。
But from about the age of five, I was aware that I didn't fit.
但自从五岁开始,我就察觉出我的格格不入。
I was the black atheist kid in the all-white Catholic school run by nuns.
我是一个信奉无神论的黑人孩子,在一个由修女运转的白人天主学校。
I was an anomaly, and my self was rooting around for definition and trying to plug in.
我是一个另类,我的自我在不断寻找一个定义并试图将自己套入定义。
Because the self likes to fit, to see itself replicated, to belong.
因为自我都是愿意去融入,看到自己被复制,有归属感。
That confirms its existence and its importance.
那能确认自我的存在感和重要性。
And it is important. It has an extremely important function.
这很重要。这有一个极端重要的功能。
Without it, we literally can't interface with others.
没有一个对自我的定义,我们简直不能和其他人交流。
We can't hatch plans and climb that stairway of popularity, of success.
我们无法制定计划,无法爬上潮流和成功的阶梯。
But my skin color wasn't right. My hair wasn't right. My history wasn't right.
但我的肤色不对。我的发色不对。我的来历不对。
My self became defined by otherness, which meant that, in that social world, I didn't reallyexist.
我的自我被他人定义,这意味着在社会上我并不存在。
“表演和舞蹈带我走进另一个世界”
I can hardly find the words to describe the peace I felt when I was acting.
我难以找到言语来形容在表演中。
My dysfunctional self could actually plug in to another self, not my own, and it felt so good.
我感受到的平静,我那残缺的自我,终于融入了不是我自己的另一个自我,这种感觉真好。
It was the first time that I existed inside a fully-functioning self
那是我第一次存在于一个正常运作的自我,
one that I controlled, that I steered, that I gave life to.
一个我可以控制的、可以操纵的、可以赋予生命的自我。
It happens when I dance, when I'm acting. I'm earthed in my essence, and my self issuspended.
当我跳舞时,表演时,我根植于我的本源,我的自我被抑制了。
In those moments, I'm connected to everything -- the ground, the air, the sounds, the energyfrom the audience.
在那些时刻,我与万物相连,大地,空气,声音,观众的能量。
All my senses are alert and alive in much the same way as an infant might feel -- that feelingof oneness.
我的所有感官都是警觉和鲜活的,如同一个婴儿感受到的一般,那种同一性的感觉。
“寻找我们的本源,感谢生命的权利”
And over time and with practice, I've tried to live more and more from my essence.
经过时间和练习,我不断尝试过一种顺从我的本源的生活。
And if you can do that, incredible things happen.
如果你能做到这一点,将会发生不可思议的事情。
We've just been insanely trying to figure out how to live with each other -- billions of eachother.
我们一直在疯狂地寻找怎样和数十亿的其他人一起生活。
Only we're not living with each other; our crazy selves are living with each other andperpetuating an epidemic of disconnection.
只是我们并非和其他人一起生活,是我们疯狂的自我和其他人一起生活,与他人的隔断也如同传染病一般蔓延。
Let's live with each other and take it a breath at a time.
让我们生活在一起,歇一口气,慢慢来。
If we can get under that heavy self, light a torch of awareness,
如果我们能进入那沉重的自我,点燃一支觉察的火炬,
and find our essence, our connection to the infinite and every other living thing.
寻找我们的本源,我们和永恒以及万物的联系。
We knew it from the day we were born. Let's not be freaked out by our bountiful nothingness.
我们从出生那天就知道的联系。我们无须因为大量的空虚而慌张。
It's more a reality than the ones our selves have created.
相比于我们创造出的那些,这空虚更加真实。
Imagine what kind of existence we can have if we honor inevitable death of self,
想像我们能有怎样的存在方式,当我们正视自我不可避免的死亡,
appreciate the privilege of life and marvel at what comes next.
感恩生命的权利,惊异于即将到来的事物。
Simple awareness is where it begins. Thank you for listening.
这些都来自于简单的觉察。感谢聆听。
Why am I different from others?
Why do you have to be like others?
这是泰国潘婷的广告的台词,我为什么和别人不一样,你为什么要和别人一样?
我们总以为照着“优秀别人”的样子做,就能像他(她)一样活的精彩,但却忘了每一个人的“真我”都像大树的树叶——即便源于同样的命脉,也各有各的特色。
上帝在创造我们的时候从来没有创造过两个完全相同的人,我们本身就是世界上最伟大的奇迹!每个人都一定拥有别人无法拥有的特殊才能,所以我们千万不要只是一味地模仿别人,一味地模仿别人无异于自杀!为什么不使用你独一无二的才能呢?为什么一直卑躬屈膝,唯唯诺诺,放弃自己精彩的人生呢?做你自己,你是最优秀的,从现在起换一种活法,向世界展示一个异常精彩的你。
对于在成长中的孩子来说,个性化发展尤为重要。伟思东方·国际教育由欧美教育专家、在线教育知名机构以及国内教育权威人士共同创办,机构总部位于北京,同时在美国和香港设有分支机构,是政府支持的高科技教育企业。伟思国际教育通过高质量的实时在线互动教学,将美国K-12学科教育引入国内。结合国际先进的教育理念和优质的教育资源,伟思通过个性化专有教案的全面细致的教学服务,激发每个学生的最大潜能。伟思的愿景是:培养中国的年轻人成为具有国际视野,融汇中西的新一代世界公民。
Structure
A structure is something that has been built,such as a house or a bridge.
Jasper likes to build different kinds of structures
What knds of structures can be found in our town?
Section
〖Define〗
A section is a small part of something bigger.
〖Example〗
This section is not yet finished.
〖Ask〗
Name a word that means something similar to section.返回搜狐,查看更多